Do you have a colourful living room? Or are you afraid of adding that extra bit of colour in your interior? Perhaps you don’t like colours at all in your house. When K and I started living together, we didn’t know how we were going to decorate yet, but we knew it was going to be all dark brown and white. We associated a colourful interior with people who walk around in coloured pyjama’s sitting in their bright yellow Arne Jacobson chairs, being all hipster happy. That wasn’t for us. But sometimes I do wonder how fun it would be to trade our cold and neutral interior for a warm and colourful living situation. If I did, I’d go with a small change first. Here are five ways to transform your stark cold black & white interior into a bright(er) home, step by step.
1. Colourful pillows They’re an easy way to start your colourful living aspirations. It’s a small commitment, they’re there when you want them to be but removable when you can’t stand the happiness these prints and colours exude.
2. Colourful Cabinets Without having to go all out, you can add a little bit of colour in your interior by adding these colourful cabinets. Want to be bold? Skip the neutrals and opt for brighter colours instead.
3. Colourful Lamps This adds a spark to even the whitest and coldest interiors. And they’re fun and they brighten up your house! Get it? Bright? Because they’re lamps.
4. Coloured Tiles When you don’t have the luxury of living in a tropical region, at least you can pretend you are. Only for the boldest among us: a colourful tiled floor.
5. Coloured Walls Alright, and if you really wanted to go all out, you’d have to get a coloured wall, lamp and decorate the rest of the house with colours as well. Just, don’t go with those yellow hipster chairs. Anything but those.
So, what is your living situation like now?