In today’s post I’ll be sharing some confidence tips! And those tips will be coming from a friend of mine, a talented make up artist, a MAC representative, a former FHM model if I remember correctly, and a frequent collaborator of mine on many experimental shoots I’ve done in the past. The girl has a make up collection that makes us all weep (I’m talking about suitcases of MAC products, limited editions and other brands). She’s also dubbed ‘the mermaid‘ in her social circle, but goes by the name Daphne otherwise. When I asked her to do a shoot with me recently, to work her make up magic, I knew I had to put her in front of the camera as well. I’ve done many shoots with her before – she’s a model every photographer wishes to have. Drop-dead gorgeous, a natural and with a smizing ability that would make many Next Top Model contestants feel inferior. The one thing that stands out when you meet this superwoman, is her confidence. Which is why we’re featuring Daphne and her confidence tips here!
1. Give a girl the right hair and make up and she can conquer the world. Every time I meet with Daphne she is sporting a new hair color and she is rocking it every time. First it was an auburn gold color, then came rose gold, purple and pink hues, blonde and blues and greens as well. It is now an ashy grey with still loads of colored strands in between. Over the years, Daphne has put all her trust into the hands of hairdresser Celia Wong (another power woman) from Studio Kawaii (in Utrecht) and the results have been amazing. When it comes to your hair, or make up, clothing, whatever – invest in it, look into what suits you best and spend the extra bucks if you have to. Although confidence comes from within, the feeling of looking good can make all the difference.
2. Nobody can make you happy until you’re happy with yourself first. People underestimate the importance of personal happiness. We’re always looking at exterior factors for our unhappy state and put blame on things around us. Most of the time, it is an issue that lies deeper. Connect with yourself and find a balance within you and what troubles you. Solving that will make you a much stronger and complete person.
3. Life is so much better when you stop caring about what everyone thinks and start to actually live for yourself. I agree. I think the moment we start caring, is the moment we let all kinds of demons in and it all isn’t necessary. Nobody is living your life, you are. Nobody is going to take responsibility for how you’ve lived you’re life – only you will do that. So listen to your own instinct and do what your heart tells you to do. In the end, we’re all beings who live and die, those two things are set; everything in between is all you.
4. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring! I like this one. I have always found imperfection to be perfection (does that even make sense?). And it’s better to be different than to go along with the crowd. Be the change the world needs!
5. Have fun in everything! And just enjoy LIFE! Well, no explaining needed on this one right?
What did you guys think of these tips? And what are your confidence tips? confidence tips