It’s getting colder and darker these days and days are getting shorter. While some may argue this is the end of the year, it certainly isn’t. Thoughts like that allow us to put off things we want to do now until the new year. All we want to do now is stay in bed all day and binge watch the latest Netflix show (Jessica Jones – how great was
Doctor Who David Tennant in it?!) – believe me, I’ve been there. This post is going to be all about how to end the year in style. In the words of one young (hot and ripped) Ryan Gosling in The Notebook – It still isn’t over.!
1. Make a list This one is not going to be for Santa, it’s going to be a to do list. If you’re one of those persons who makes new year’s resolutions (and forgets about it after one week) you’re going to absolutely love this. Make a list of all the things you still want to do this year. Be realistic and only write down things that would make all the difference if you’d accomplish it before the new year. You’ve got one month to go, well 24 days to be exact, which is 576 hours – which is plenty of time really.
2. Exercise If you’ve followed the first point, high five! Considering the holidays are around the corner and you’ve probably not done much exercising this year, this may be on your list already. There’s nothing better than ending the year in a better physique. Start crunching again and work those abs. You’re not going to get that Victoria’s Secret body though (let’s be realistic) but you’re going to need a good workout with the holidays coming up!
3. Declutter This is the best time of the year to get rid of anything that hasn’t done you any good this year. I’m talking about friends who are a bad influence on you, things in your house you don’t care much about but you’re too lazy to throw away, clothes you haven’t worn in years. Clean it all out before the end of the year!
4. Reflect and pay it forward At the end of the year it’s always good to reflect on the past year. What are you grateful for? What were the best experience you’ve had this year? Write it all down in a journal and keep it for next year to look back on. Even if this was really a bad year for you, realize there are always people who have it worse than you. If you can, pay it forward. It won’t be much to you but may mean the world to someone else.
5. Treat yo’self (whaddup, Parks & Rec fans) Treat yourself to a nice little getaway in the new year or a spa treatment. And finally, buy yourself that dress you’ve been eyeing lately. Dress up, glam up. After accomplishing your goals in less than a month, exercising to get back in shape, decluttering and reflecting, you’re ending your year in style, classy and fierce as ever!
This is the second series I shot with Nicole (see previous here). The shots are part of my to do list, which is to shoot more and experiment more with my camera! So, what’s on your to do list?