I have been trying to deny it but fall is officially upon us. The weather is nothing like summer anymore. I have taken out my winter clothes already – we are in for a cold season I’m afraid! Lately I’ve been sporting mostly reds. There’s just something about fall season that makes you want to wear the colors of the current state of nature.
To transition into fall wear, there are some essentials I like to hold on to.
1. I love a good turtleneck. But turtlenecks can be boring if you don’t combine it properly. Instead, look for a turtleneck with fringes or bell sleeves to spice things up. Less Steve Jobs, more Steve McQueen.
2. I am crazy about wearing reds when autumn hits. My closet mostly consists of blacks and neutrals – even my summer wardrobe is free of colors. But like I said, something about autumn just makes you want to rock a solid red.
3. Go suede. When I was in elementary school I remember hating my red suede jacket. It made me look so uncool. Now, I say bring on the suede. The more the better!
4. Trenchcoats! Don’t start pulling out your winter jackets already – it is quite warm still, for October. Instead, opt for a trench coat. They will keep you warm and looking trendy at the same time!
5. Fall make up. No fall look is complete without the right make up. We’re featuring some gorgeous fall make up items in our dark fall make up post – check it out!
Alright we’ve got some exciting posts for you this week! Starting with my amazing experience with the House of Ruinart. You may have seen it on my Instagram stories already – I went to Reims to experience the Ruinart champagne harvest. It was an experience of a lifetime. We’ve also summed up some health benefits of drinking champagne (who knew – and as if you needed a reason to drink champagne).
In our food section, we’re featuring an exciting collaboration program that restaurant Hoofdstad Brasserie is currently running. The recently introduced a new guest chef program where different chefs (from all over the world) are invited to create a menu. This month, all focus is on Joachim Jaud, who has created an extraordinary Austrian menu. In case you want to go with something lighter, we’re featuring the new Het Warenhuis as well, where we enjoyed a lovely brunch over the weekend (definitely order their Eggs Norwegian – simple but yummmm!).
From the beauty section, we’ve got you covered on fall beauty. Some of my favorite products this month include Replica’s Promenade in the Gardens and Chanel’s gorgeous no. 56 fall colored lipstick. Last but not least, I would not be a movie nerd if I didn’t at least include movie list for this season. I’m looking forward to Arrival, Assassin’s Creed, Doctor Strange, The Accountant, Passengers and The Magnificent Seven (just to name a few).
I’m so excited about next week’s posts – we’re busy preparing a really cool post. Keep an eye out for it!
In the mean time, don’t forget to follow me on my instagram and instagram stories!
Have a lovely week all 😉