Twelve days of Christmas beauty – let’s go! If you’re still looking for Christmas gifts to buy for your family and friends, here’s a list of Christmas gifts that will help you along the way. And if you’re looking to buy a treat for yourself, our tip is to wait until Christmas reductions have started. Alright, let’s start the list!
1. Starting with one of my favorite scents: the Lancôme La Vie Est Belle. We’ve covered the perfume on the blog before. It’s a nice and feminine perfume, elegant and floral. It’s a perfume perfect for day-to-day wear. It’s one of those universally lovable scents. Soft, delightful and therefore the a great holiday gift.
2. As a photographer, I’m obsessed with photography books. They’re a great source of inspiration and you can enjoy a book forever. I recently received this photography book “Roses by…” that I’ve been loving (though I’m not sure if it’s officially for sale). However, there’s loads of other photography books you can enjoy, such as photography books of Peter Lindbergh, Tim Walker and Man Ray. Great for any fashion lover or aspiring photographers.
3. Primers are perhaps not the first thing you’d think of buying as a gift. But they’re essential to any beauty queen who values long-wear make up. The YSL All-hours primer is a primer that improves the wear and hold of your foundation. It’s the basis to any beauty look. And because they’re colorless, they’re a great gift because you don’t risk getting the wrong color..
4. Brow products are also not high on the list of gifts to buy. Brow products are highly personal because its texture and color is very personal. But because brow products are the last beauty product you splurge on (admit it – there’s loads more on your beauty list you’d rather spend more on), they make a nice holiday gift. We recently tried out The Browgal brow palette and pencil – and we love their Brow gel!
5. One of my favorite discoveries this year is the La Prairie Skin Caviar absolute filler. I’ve written about the product before here. They say that it’s never too early to start using quality skincare – and it’s true. It’s always better to safeguard your skin condition than to remedy any skin impurities you may develop later as you age. The product surely is luxurious due to its steep pricing point, but you can’t pin a price on healthy skin can you?!
6. The Viktor & Rolf Flower bomb is a perfume that needs no introduction. It’s an iconic perfume that has a mass following. Its tones are sweet and floral, which make it a delightfully feminine scent. The perfume comes out in a Holiday edition this year, adorned with a flower ornament. This bottle is definitely a treat.
7. A big contrast compared to Flowerbomb, Tom Ford’s Noir is a slightly more masculine scent. Its sensual notes of leather and wood, mixed with subtle hints of oriental spices and vanilla make this perfume a highly magnetic one. This is a gift for the woman who knows what she wants and who is looking for an edgier perfume.
8. The ultimate gift for any fashion and beauty lover is the Chanel brush set. The Chanel brushes come in a variety of forms and are as luxurious as they look – with the softest bristles and thick robust handles. There’s everything from a foundation brush to a fluffy blush brush and sharp eyeliner brush. Our favorite is the petite kabuki brush and the teint foundation brush. If you’re looking to splurge, this is the gift!
9. One of my favorite feelings is the moment after you’ve been to the hair salon and your hair smells like fresh roses. Haircare products make for a great christmas gift. Bumble & Bumble have a great line of shampoos and conditioners that are the lovely holiday present to gift. And they make your hair smell so good! They just came out with a line of products for straight hair.
10. Foundations make for a tricky gift because with foundations you always have to sample it first. They’re a great treat for yourself however and the holidays are a good moment to try out new foundations. I am currently loving the Lancôme Teint Idole foundation stick. Its easy use (simply brush on a couple of stripes on your face and blend away) and small format make it one of my favorite products to carry with me every day.
11. If you’re looking for a moisturizer at a less steep price point than the Skin Caviar, I recommend the Lancôme Visionnaire cream. It’s a rich moisturizer that reduces wrinkles and dullness. Apply this every morning for a firmer skin. This is also a great beauty gift for those who don’t necessarily need more make up.
12. Last is a gift that isn’t really a beauty gift. But I feel like good (delicious) food is important as well for any woman’s wellbeing. Plus, if you’re having a little beauty moment at home, you’re going to need some comfort food. And in that regard, I highly recommend the new book by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh, “Sweet“. A book full of baking recipes. From cakes to cookies and the most delicious desserts.
I wish you all a happy holiday season. And I’ll see you guys back here soon!
SHOP THE EDITORIAL